Carv-Fest is brought to you by the Ivan Whillock Family in Faribault, Minnesota. This festival started as an Anniversary Party for the Whillock's and their carving friends. Over the past 9 years it has grown to be a Midwestern carving favorite .... little bit of carving, little bit of music ... lots of friends! Be sure to register for your classes early ... we have filled 95 to 100% of the openings each year!
To learn more about the Whillock's Woodcarving Operations visit:
• Ivan Whillock's web site ..... www.whillock.com
• Tool & Supply .... www.whillockwoodcarving.com
Dedication: We lost our beloved daughter and sister ... Marnie Whillock ... in 2007 to cancer. She was one of the founders of this event as well as all Whillock Woodcarving operations .... we really miss you Marn!!!!
Carv-Fest is sponsored by:
• CARVING MAGAZINE ... www.carvingmagazine.com
• STUBAI/Austria Woodcarving Tools ... www.stubaiusa.com
• Cost: All classes this year are $50 each for a FULL-DAY (9am to 5pm). There is also material charge ($5 to $35 average) paid directly to the instructor.
• Reservations: Call 507-339-0336 to reserve your classes or visit carv-fest.com. Fill out the registration form and send in with a check or money order ($25 NSF check fee) for $50 per class. No Credit Cards!
PO Box 611
Faribault, MN 55021
• Walk-In Reservations: It is highly recommended that you reserve your classes early. The festival has been sold out or 95% sold almost every year! However you are welcome to stop in and see what is available for each day.
• Refunds: 90% of class fee refunded up to July 15, 2013. No refunds after July 15th. Full refund if class is cancelled (students will be contacted).
• Camping: There are a limited number of on-site campsites available. Tents, RVs etc are welcome. Cost is $25 per day paid during check in.
• Directions: Here is a map to the fairgrounds ... it is easier to enter from the NORTH entrance (look for signs) - CLICK HERE!
• Motels: There are several motels close to the festival grounds.
• Historic Hutchinson House B&B ... www.historichutchhouse.com
• Grandstay 507-334-2888 ... www.grandstayfaribault.com
• AmericInn 507-334-9464 ... www.americinn.com
• Days Inn 507-334-6835 ... www.daysinn.com
• America’s Best 507-334-1634 ... www.americasbestvalueinn.com
• Galaxie Inn 507-334-5508 ... www.galaxiemn.com
• Vintage Suites 507-334-7476 ... www.vintageballroom.com
• Regency Inn 507-334-2051 ... www.regencyinnmn.com
• Chamber info is available at ... www.faribaultmn.org.
• Classes: Classes range in size from 5 to 12 people. Instructors do their best to give equal time to students. Because time is limited to a 1-day class ... students sometimes do not finish their projects fully .. this is just fine. If needed, instructors will provide information for finishing items at home. Keeping to the 1-day format allows students to experience more than one teacher and class in a weekend.
• Breaks/Food: Classes run from 9am to 5pm each day. You are welcome to take breaks as needed, class lunch breaks will be taken around noon (it is up to each class). Food and drinks will be available for purchase during the festival.
• Fans: Some fans will be provided, you are welcome to bring in your own if you like.
• Vendors: There are a number of vendors that will be selling during the 3 day festival. You are encouraged to support these folks because a percentage of their sales goes towards the festival expenses. Some vendors may not be available all days, others less .... scheduled to appear: WoodcarversWarehouse.com, The Woodcraft Shop Krantz Wood Sales, Dunkle Knives & Sharpening. (This list may change).
• Tools Needed: A GLOVE and basic palm tools are recommended for most classes. Many instructors have tools that you can use or purchase during your class.